Wish Me Luck On My First 50

By: Vicboy de Lima


Wish me luck on my first 50-km race.  Early last week, I was informed by my running clinic classmate that we were joining the  the Tagaytay to Nasugbu race scheduled for Nov 14.  The T2N is a race organized by the Philippine Association of Ultrarunners (PAU).

The past few days, we have been preparing for this race.  Nakakahiya kung hindi makatapos. Hahahahaha.The T2N is not the regular fun run in the sense that there are relatively few participants (about 200 runners.  I guess there are relatively few borderline crazy runners in the Phils.) and that there are no regular water stations every 2.5 kms.  Basically, the runners are on their own.  We will start from the People's Park in Tagaytay at around 5 am and will end at Jolibee Nasugbu within 8 hours.


Last Saturday (Nov 6), I went over to Tagaytay and did a 31-km training run to Nasugbu.  I was joined by my Milo Apex Running clinic classmate Jeric Targa and 2 of my Ateneo de Naga HS 83  classmates: Bobby Castilla and Noel "Ghibz" Guevara.  It took us more than 4 hours to finish the 31 kms.  I share a few pics.






It felt great to run in the countryside.  Less traffic.  Less smog.  Less traffic policemen.  More dogs to run after you. Hahahahaha.

Plus, the bonus was the bulalohan experience after the long run.  Our HS classmates Art Puncia, Jobel Belarmino, Ed Balcueva and Buhi Vice Mayor Omar Mercurio were more than happy to join us at one of the many carenderias in Mahogany Market for this Batangas specialty.  Us runners needed protein for our muscles to recover while the jolly quartet needed some hot soup to recover from  their gimmik which lasted the early Saturday morning hours.


More good news.  I was informed by Bobby that he got accepted also to register for the T2N. This means that our Ateneo de Naga HS Batch 83 will have at least 2 representatives at this ultramarathon event.
Thanks.

- Vicboy

November 8, 2010 ; 7:18 PM ;





Previous Posts
• Pink Run of 83Neans Oct. 17, 2010
• The Wall of Marathoners
• About
• Photo gallery


Visit-o-meter